Treat your wood services right, including scraping, power wash, sanding, and paint or stain. We treat wood outdoors or indoors. This drastically increases the life of wood surfaces by preventing rot and insect infestation. Along with that staining will stop moisture absorption that keeps wood from warping.
Make your interior wood décor stand out. Bring out the natural brilliance of your wood structurally, cabinetry, and trim. We specialize in all kinds of wood staining services including baseboard, crown molding, chair rail, doors, window casings, and recessed panels. Wood comes in a plethora of diverse species that need to be individually treated and special for their qualities and properties.
Staining your wood surface is started by applying a water based stain, pre-selected by you. We'll help you in the process to select what we think is the best choice for your wood. This will bring out the natural beauty of the wood in a way you may not have thought possible. There are a wide array of stains to choose from that include a range of high gloss down to low luster. Our recommendation is to pair your stain with the wood that closely resembles the same color as the wood beneath it.
Wood Stain Process:
1. Wood is sanded with rough sand paper to remove obvious imperfections. (80-100 grit)
2. Process is more refined with high grit content sand paper to finish the process of sanding. (150-180 grit)
3. Wood is inspected for integrity and for surface abrasions.
4. Stain color is tested on a small portion of wood.
5. Use a rag or brush to apply stain to the entirety of the wood surface.
6. Permit the stain ample time to dry and soak into the wood.
7. Apply a finish to protect against any potential water damage.
8. Apply polyurethane with a foam brush or bristle.
9. Sand again in order to remove any dust or bubbles that may have accumulated.
10. Deliver a second coat and sand as before.
11. Spread a final coat of polyurethane or paint to complete the job.